Here's what you get when you have your establishment graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa
- Your establishment is immediately seen as being part of a legitimate and credible organisation.This offers substantial consumer confidence.
- Graded establishments may use the Grading Council logo (star) in all their marketing material.
- All graded establishments get a free listing on our website www.tourismgrading.co.za
- Only graded establishments and conference venues have the opportunity to advertise in our official printed accommodation guide – The Star Guide. This guide is the only accommodation guide distributed by SA Tourism via its call centre and offices worldwide.
- South African Tourism endorses and uses star graded establishments on the official South African Tourism website www.southafrica.net
- Grading assists organisations in positioning their products.
- Government departments are required to procure accommodation from graded establishments only.
- Grading is a constant quality control tool as customers can log all feedback online and through our SMS line 31649.
- The Grading Council actively markets star grading directly to consumers, tour operators and travel agents
Categories of Accommodation
- Country Houses
- Guest Houses
- Bed and Breakfasts
- Self Catering Accommodation
- Caravan and Camping Establishments
- Backpackers and Hostels
Click on each link above to download the latest minimum requirements for each category
CLICK HERE to apply online for grading